Hey Guys! So today I thought I would use my nail stripers because the colors are so unique but I never know when to use them. So this is how I came up with the X marks the Spot Manicure, basically it’s all based upon nail stripers. If you don’t have nail stripers you can just use a thin brush and play with shades of a color like I did. Overall what I did was I just used the same color but I used contrasting shades to make the X.
- Prep nails and apply base coat.
- Select colors and find contrasting shades like I did. Try to stick to only three colors and find shades of those colors.
- Paint your nails in those colors. One color for the thumb. Another color for index and ring finger. Final color for pinky and middle finger.
- Make the X or the cross using a striper. Just draw two lines diagonally going through each other.
- Allow to dry (preferably 30 mins) and voila!
This design has a lot of freedom and the varieties of color are endless so anyone can do this design and you don’t have to worry about not having a certain color. In case you don’t have a different shade of a certain color you can always mix in other colors or mix in a white to give you a lighter shade. Hope this helps! Let me know what you think in the comments. Share your recreation with #spectaculargirl. See more like this on my blog by following me! 🙂
💜 Spectacular Girl