Pimples, aka your worst nightmare. I don’t know about you but whenever I get a pimple it drives me nuts all day. Speaking of which I have a pimple at this very moment. So today I thought I would share with you how to get rid of pimples. I will be going through methods that I have tried and what really works for me.
How to Get Rid of Pimples
Here are the four most effective methods to get rid of pimples that have worked for me.
- Clean & Clear® Advantage® Acne Spot Treatment
So this product I have used the complete product till it ran out and I absolutely love this one it’s like a lifesaver for pimples. It does sting a little bit when you put it on but that doesn’t matter, because THIS WORKS! I usually apply it multiple times throughout the day and it has salicylic acid in it.
- Neutrogena® Rapid Clear Stubborn Acne Spot Gel
This stuff works too but it uses benzoyl peroxide instead. However, this product is super drying on the skin! You don’t want to apply this too often as you will face dry skin but it does get rid of the pimples.
- Pimple Stickers
I think they’re actually called pimple patches or blemish patches but I like calling them stickers. There are tons of these on the market. I bought the Mighty Patch Hero Cosmetics from Target and this worked well. DO NOT buy the Nexcare ones those barely even stick on the face and they dry your skin.
- Azelaic Acid Cream 10%
This was prescribed to me by my dermatologist and from what I remember it wasn’t super effective but I think it did work. I used all of the cream that was in the tube so it was definitely helping just not as quickly and effectively as I would like. But this cream had no stinging and no dryness unlike the previous methods I mentioned so it was the most comfortable to use.
Pimples Removal Methods that have not worked for me
So some of these methods may have helped fix my pimples but honestly especially when it comes to those at home natural remedies I feel like they were just a distraction for my pimples to allow time to pass and let them heal on their own.
- Vicco Turmeric: This is a famous skincare cream in India and people literally swear by this stuff but it just wasn’t for me. I never liked the smell of this cream and it just wasn’t a pimple treatment helper.
- Boscia Clear Complexion Willow Bark Spot Treatment: I remember being so excited to buy this product and this was one of the first things I bought at Sephora and I loved using it however it took me a while to realize that this product was just making my pimples worse! Clearly my skin was not a fan of the ingredients in this but this was sad because it was a natural product.
- Ice/Honey/Turmeric/Lemon/Brown Sugar/Toothpaste/Listerine: Those are all the homemade natural versions of getting rid of pimples that I have tried and have done nothing for my skin. If anything I would say the turmeric has helped but it also leaves an awful yellow stain on my skin which I absolutely hate!
I hope you guys liked this post and let me know in the comments what is your best way to get rid of pimples!